Unitas Wholesale’s latest Plan for Profit Guide has the identified the key market trends and best practise tips for licensed, tobacco and vaping categories.
Developed in collaboration with supporting category experts and a network of wholesalers, the guide is said to provide a credible core range tailored to the needs of stores.
Tracey Redfearn, head of marketing & communications at Unitas Wholesale, said: “Our new 2023 Licensed and Tobacco category guide offers retailers everything they need in one place to create a range that can beat the competition and drive their sales and profits.”
Read more: Unitas launches second Plan for Profit guide
Unitas’ five best-practice tips:
1. Operate a rigorous Challenge25 programme.
2. Purchase from official wholesale route to markets.
3. Consider the responsibility of brands and flavours ranged and their potential youth appeal.
4. Ensure that products are MHRA registered and approved for sale. The MHRA website has a search function for retailers.
5. With disposables making up the majority of sales within e-cigarettes, retailers should ensure they are stocking a range of bestselling brands, such as Elf Bar, Lost Mary, and Crystal, to meet customers’ needs.