Sustainability data and technology provider Sedex revealed the winners of this year’s global Sustainability Awards at an event in London, with the lieks of Suntory and Huel all picking up gongs.
The Sustainability Awards recognise businesses for their efforts to drive social and environmental sustainability in global supply chains. They celebrate innovation, progress, and leadership in ESG (environment, social and governance), from across industries and supply regions.
The winners have made major improvements, utilised intelligent solutions, or created a lasting, positive impact on people or the environment.
10 Awards across three categories, reflecting the key themes of Sedex’s new Strategy, reward three regional winners in each, selected by a panel of expert judges from entries across six continents. A special Judges’ Choice Award also highlighted a tireless effort and hard-won success to bring genuine improvement.
Sedex chief executive Jon Hancock said: “It’s a privilege and pleasure to reward these deserving companies and their efforts to drive sustainability in supply chains. We were all incredibly impressed by the standard and scale of entries, from such a range of sectors and businesses around the world.
“We strongly believe it’s important to celebrate the smaller-scale projects as well as those of larger brands. It’s truly inspiring to see how our winners, and all our entrants, are boldly exploring new partnerships, initiatives, and smart solutions to address sustainability challenges.”
THE WINNERS WERE:
The Data & Insights Award recognises the creative use of data and insights, with practical application, to address ESG challenges.
- Winner, Americas – Pomona Farming LP for using data insights to reduce pesticide application
- Winner, APAC – Suntory for bridging data gaps and using insights to provide positive reinforcement to suppliers
- Winner, EMEA – Huel for their work to make sustainability data available, accessible and valuable to departments across their business
The Community & Collaboration Award celebrates the power of collaboration, partnerships and community to progress sustainability in a supply chain.
- Winner, Americas – The Pantaleon Group for their work in the Mexican sugarcane industry
- Winner, APAC – Tat Win for implementing international ESG standards through a committed, multi-stakeholder approach
- Winner, EMEA – The Body Shop International for connecting and collaborating with women shea producers in Ghana
The Tech & Innovation Award champions the use of technology and rewards creative approaches to driving lasting ESG improvement across supply chains.
- Winner, Americas – Pomona Farming LP for use of biocontrol technology to reduce pesticide application
- Winner, APAC – Epyllion Fabrics Limited for creative use of multiple technologies to achieve carbon dioxide and sulphuric acid reduction at scale
- Winner, EMEA – Angus Soft Fruits for their packaging initiatives reducing plastic and improving recyclability