To support the wellbeing of its staff, JJ Foodservice has trained 11 employees to become certified mental health first aiders.
Learning & development manager at JJ, Jaz Sandhu, said: “It’s been a tough year and our team have worked incredibly hard through unprecedented circumstances.
“We want everyone to know that if they ever need to talk – there’s a qualified person nearby who is willing to listen and help.”
The appointed Mental Health First Aiders are:
- Senior QA Co-ordinator (Enfield) – Jesus Holgado,
- Learning & Development Manager (Enfield) – Jaz Sandhu
- Office Administrator (Aston) – Rohina Upadhey
- Office Manager (Basingstoke) – Karolina Kasperczak
- Sales Assistant (Bristol) – Amanda Stepakova
- Office Administrator (Dagenham) – May Zin
- Office Administrator (Doncaster) – Mark Sheldon
- Office Manager (Leicester) – Agnieszka Binek
- Office Manager (Manchester) – Roya Tehrani
- Branch Manager (Newcastle) – Onur Aslan
- Branch Operations Assistant (Sidcup) – Nazmi Uzunov
The foodservice also offers an Employee Assistance Programme, which is a free, confidential telephone support service. When using the service, employees can access counsellors and advisors 24/7.
The service can be used to support employees through a variety of problems, such as emotional, medical, legal and financial issues.