I’ve just returned from a fantastic evening at the Today’s Group Stoneleigh Awards and Exhibition. It hasn’t been long since the Berlin conference, but it was great to catch up with the members and even better to join a few key wholesalers in celebrating success at the Awards. And the wholesale winners were…
- Best IT initiative: HT & Co Drinks
- Best Foodservice Wholesaler: Lynas Foodservice
- Best Retail Development Programme: Savage & Whitten
- Rising Star of 2012: Intermarque Ltd
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative: J W Filshill
- Best Member of the Year: Regal Wholesale
- Outstanding contribution to wholesale: Dhamecha
During the Awards evening, Today’s also announced that its chairman, Rodney Hunt is stepping down from the role he has held since 2009 in favour of Mark Windebank, current board member and MD of Savage & Whitten, based in Northern Ireland.
We’ve spoken to both Chris Hughes, managing director at Regal Wholesale and Mark Windebank, managing director of Savage & Whitten as part of our next cover story, which looks at how wholesalers are using marketing effectively to grow their businesses.
You can enjoy our full interviews with them in Better Wholesaling May. If you are not currently receiving your free copy of BW and would like to, please contact me: email@example.com
Image caption: Mark Windebank, managing director of Savage & Whitten takes Best Retail Development Programme Award and has been announced new chairman of Today’s Group