Brakes CEO Ken McMeikan outlines the top 10 opportunities for wholesalers in the foodservice industry
- Casual dining – quality ingredients and foods that can’t be cooked at home
- Café – daytime snacking and the informal meeting market
- Schools – free school meals
- The elderly – a growing market with special dietary needs
- Nutritional value and disclosure – health and wellbeing benefits increasingly sought after
- Food intolerances – people don’t want restricted diets
- Traceability and provenance (an increasing interest in product stories)
- Chefs don’t want ready meals but they do want to save labour
- Internationalism (such as Pankow breadcrumbs and buttermilk)
- Breakfast (a demand for more healthy breakfast options)
Are you 18+ or older?
This website requires you to be 18+ years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click "Exit" to leave.