Fairways of Wallasey, Merseyside was named National Bestway Retailer of the Year at the company’s Retail Development Awards (RDA’s) 2022 in London.
Part of Bestway’s inspirational Retail Development Programme, the Retail Development Awards celebrate outstanding achievements and business successes from Bestway Retail and independent retailers up and down the country.
Retailers are then evaluated after six months to see how they have implemented the learnings in their store to help grow category sales and grow their business before they have the chance to enter the Awards and potentially win a share of a total prize fund worth over £50,000.
Dawood Pervez, Managing Director at Bestway Wholesale, says: “For us here at Bestway, this is one of the most exciting events in the industry calendar. I am always humbled by the sheer talent, commitment and determination of our retailers and nowhere is this evidenced more strongly than within our Retail Development Awards.
“The Retail Development Programme does what it says on the tin. It’s there to help our retailers develop and make more possible within their businesses and with our supplier partners the programme also offers a unique opportunity for retailers and suppliers to get together.
“It’s all about sharing, learning and growing, and whilst our industry is undoubtedly facing unique challenges, let’s not forget we are also facing immense opportunity. Tonight’s results are on the back of hard work, dedication and unwavering vision on the part of each retailer.
The full list of winners were as follows:
· Soft Drinks: Four Seasons, Liverpool
· Water: Best-one Plus, St Helens
· Beer & Cider: M.R. Foodstores, Leamington-Spa
· Wines & Spirits: Stanley Wines, Warrington
· Tobacco: M1 Metro, Manchester
· Confectionery: S & B Supermarket, Northampton
· Crisps & Snacks: Costcutter, Kidderminster
· General Grocery: Green & Fresh, Hackney, London
· Household, Health and Beauty: Simis Food and Wine, Thornton Heath)
· Chilled & Diary: Best-one Jacks, Prescot
· Pet Food: Best-one Fiveways, Tipton
· Baby Food: Manor Park Mini Market, Newham, London
Community Award sponsored by Independent Retail News
· Community Award: Weeley Post Office and store, Clacton-On-Sea
Regional and National Awards
· Southern Winner: Mini Supermarket, Croydon
· Northern Winner: D&S Stores, Tamworth
· Scottish Winner: Brownlies, Biggar, Scotland