Customers are increasingly looking for suppliers with Food for Life Catering Mark accreditation.
Here are some key links.
- Large organisations above a certain financial threshold advertise their tenders in the Official Journal of the European Community
- Tenders Direct sends potential suppliers an email alert as soon as a tender is released – it costs £945 a year
- The National Audit Office advises on the best value suppliers for sectors ranging from local government to schools
- The Hospital Caterers Association has an official journal which is distributed throughout the NHS to catering and hotel services managers at all levels. They have a ‘buyers guide’ which lists suppliers and wholesalers
- Beacon Purchasing focuses on hospitality, leisure and healthcare sectors
- North East Procurement Organisation (NEPO) deal with large contracts
- Pelican Procurement is another consultant to consider