CJ Lang has picked up a Scottish Green Apple Environment Award for Environmental Best Practice in 2021.
In partnership with Gatechurch, the Scottish wholesaler established a green team in 2019 and opened a community fridge in August of the same year and achieved the following:
· Saved almost 67 tonnes of food from going to waste
· Carbon emission savings of 244 tonnes CO2e
· Helped over 2,600 families and individuals
· Received on average 100 visitors per day
· Given out the equivalent of 37,000 meals
Colin Chapman, distribution director at CJ Lang said: “We’re absolutely delighted to have received this Green Apple Award. Our internal teams have been working tirelessly on environmental and CSR initiatives for many years. This award goes some way to recognising all their hard work.”